- A performance checklist to review your ASP.Net MVC application.
- Do you know DataTable, Linq and Tuple, which one perform sorting faster?read thsi post Sorting list using DataTable vs. Linq vs. Tuple; and you may also like this article, Tuple vs. KeyValuePair.
- A good example to know how to animating with pseudo-elements.
- Nice and simple technique to use CSS Marking for textures.
- Ana Tudor shared her sliders using input type=”range”; Nice implementation, it will great if no js is needed.
- Start learning more about ES6, Variables and scoping in ECMAScript 6.
Everyday the first thing I do before any dev work is to get latest code. This morning the code updated, my web application doesn’t work; and started to give me a NullReferenceException complaining about a line which assign a text to a hyperlink control Page_Load event method. It is strange, right? All controls should be initialized after Page_PreInit. The control get complained is added recently. And it works fine when I am running debug mode.
I tried to resolve it by:
- Do a clean build.
- IIS reset.
- Restart application pool.
- Restart machine.
However I have no luck to solve it. Finally I think the compiled markup may be in an invalid state. So what I did is put a space of the control id and then remove it; rebuild and test it again. And it is fixed. After investigation, it is about the cache of my master page is invalid (no idea why out-of-sync). The solution is either making some changes on the markup page to trigger re-generation or you should go to corresponding ASP.Net temporary file folder (e.g. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root) and delete all folders.
Hope this will help!!
- Simple post to show you how to encrypt/decrypt with .Net.
- How to implement publisher/subscriber patterns in C#.
- Read Gooey effects from CSS Tricks. You will definitely like this menu, it is so cool to do it by SVG filters.
- It is also good to understand your customers. This post will show you know to measure your site’s responsive breakpoints usage.
- Mobile animation, a sharing about how to make animation great on mobile web.
- Review this list of OWASP Top 10 Application Security Risks and see how secure your website does.
- Why 2 different GAC location? To get the answer, read this post.
- Do you know this technique to Cutting out the inner part of an element using clip-path.
- How to managing complex web requests in MVC.
- Do you know how to provide custom debug tooltip in control class?
- I learnt a lot from CSS tricks, this is another good post about line-height. Don’t miss.